The Gay Romance Northwest Meet-Up, the LGBTQ Romance Fiction Conference of the Pacific Northwest, held it’s fourth annual conference on September 24, 2016 at the Seattle Public Library.
We are sharing podcasts from several of this year’s panels, including:
Trans Authors on Characters, Stories, and Industry
Trans panelists share their perspectives on writing, from character development to tropes to narratives, as well as our experiences working in the queer romance and publishing industry. We’ll talk about how we want to see trans romance evolve and provide resources for authors who want to write trans characters in their fiction. If you have questions about how to portray transness respectfully in your work, or about trans perspectives on the industry, this is the panel for you!
Panel Resource: Trans Romance Reading Recs
Moderator: Austin Chant, Author (Silver & Gold, Magic & Mayhem)
- Tobi Hill-Meyer, Author and Filmmaker (Struggling to be Whole: Stories Exploring the Trans Erotic, Doing it Online)
- Laylah Hunter, Author (Gabriel’s City)
- EE Ottoman, Author (Documenting Light, Selume Proferre)
- Alex Powell, Author (Rangers over Regulus, All the King’s Men)
- J.K. Pendragon, Author (To Summon Nightmares, Witch Cat and Cobb)
Listen to more podcasts from GRNW 2016