Gay Romance Northwest Meet-up is proudly hosted by Old Growth Northwest. Old Growth Northwest fosters creative collaboration and exchange within a robust community of writers and readers in the Pacific Northwest. As a 501(c)3 organization (status pending), founded in 2012 and headquartered in Seattle, Old Growth Northwest serves the greater Pacific Northwest region, including Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, British Columbia and Alaska.
By supporting writers and promoting their work throughout all stages of the literary process, Old Growth Northwest builds an ecosystem that equals an old-growth forest in its diversity, its interdependence, and its potential to be the kind of self-sustaining community where writers of all kinds can thrive.
In service to its mission, Old Growth Northwest offers the following services and activities, free of charge or at a significantly reduced cost:
- Writing workshops, seminars, and master classes
- Literary readings, performances, and networking events
- Editing, proofreading, and one-on-one mentorship for improving style and technique
- POPLORISH, a literary magazine
- Publishing assistance and consulting