2014 Participating Publishers: Bold Strokes Books, Decadent Publishing, Dreamspinner Press, eXtasy Books, Harmony Ink Press, Less Than Three Press, and MLR Press.
Interested in hearing pitches? If you are publisher and if you are interested in hearing pitches at GRNW 2014, please contact us.
ABOUT THE 2014 PITCH SESSIONS
- Date: September 20, 2014
- Time: 10:30am – 12:00pm
- Place: Seattle Public Library
- Pitch Session length: 10 minutes
- Conference Passes: Required to participate in the pitch sessions. (Purchase a pass.)
Appointments are required to participate in the pitch sessions for each publisher you wish to talk to.
For making multiple appointments: If you are planning on pitching to multiple publishers, please send the list of all who you wish to meet with, in the order of priority, first being most important.
Publisher Requirements: Please see below for each publisher’s requirements
Pitch Session Contact: Please email GRNW with your name (If you use a pen name, be sure to include the name you used to purchase your conference pass), and the list of publishers you wish to meet with, in order of priority.
PARTICIPATING PUBLISHERS AND REQUIREMENTS
Bold Strokes Books
- LGBTQ general and genre fiction
- A cover letter explaining why the work would be a good fit for Bold Strokes and it’s various marketable attributes.
- A one page synopsis including title, author, genre and word count.
- Pitched work does not need to be completed for the session but BSB cannot review it for publication until it is.
It’s recommended to read Decadent’s Submission Guidelines if you are planning on pitching a story.
Please review Dreamspinner’s Submission Guidelines if you are planning on pitching a story.
Please review eXtasy Book’s Submission Guidelines if you are planning on pitching a story.
Harmony Ink Press
- At least one LGBTQ+ primary character between the ages of 14 and 18 who shows significant personal growth through the course of the story.
- Authentic voice, unforgettable characters, and powerful world building (even for contemporary stories).
- Novella or novel length (15,000-90,000 words). All manuscripts over 45,000 words will release in print as well as ebook.
- Any subgenre is acceptable (contemporary, historical, fantasy, paranormal, science fiction, mystery/suspense).
Please see Harmony Ink’s Submission Guidelines for more guidance.
- LGBTQ romance with a HEA or HFN endings
- Completed manuscripts will be preferred
- Length is variable. 10,000 – 100,000+ words
Please see Less Than Three Press’ Submission Guidelines for more guidance.
- It must be m/m erotic romance with HEA or HFN ending.
- If the work is not complete, bring a full synopsis or outline of the story
- Works can be between 10,000 – 120,000 words.
- Any subgenre is accepted – contemporary, suspense, sci-fi, paranormal. military, etc.
- Include plans on how you would help market your work, whether you have a website, etc.
Please see MLR Press’ Submission Guidelines for more guidance.
Questions? Please contact GRNW.