The Gay Romance Northwest Meet-Up, the LGBTQ Romance Fiction Conference of the Pacific Northwest, held it’s third annual conference on September 26, 2015 at the Seattle Public Library.
We are sharing podcasts from several of this year’s panels, including:
Celebrating and Elevating Underrepresented Characters in Queer Romance Fiction
The focus on this panel is to highlight and celebrate underrepresented main characters in LGBTQ romance fiction, whether it is characters of color, and/or of diverse abilities, religions, sexuality, gender, gender identity, economic background, etc. This panel discussion will examine, both amongst the panel members and with the audience, the different ways to authentically represent underrepresented characters and to elevate their stories within the genre.
Tracy Timmons-Gray (Gay Romance Northwest)
- CJane Elliot (Author, Serpentine Walls, Sex, Lies, and Video Games)
- Lane Hayes (Author, The Right Words, Better Than Good)
- Chris Muldoon (Acquisitions Editor, Riptide Publishing)
- J. K. Pendragon (Author, To Summon Nightmares, Ink & Flowers)
- Yolanda Wallace (Author, Murphy’s Law, Month of Sundays)
Listen to more podcasts from GRNW 2015